.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Wow Really?

Wow, I can't belive I haven't posted since March. Time sure flies!! I decided since I'm not doing anything on this gloomy Saturday that I'll take some time to update my blog and all of you guys on what's been going on. I'm updating my 'weight' column on the side of my blog because I have gained weight. I know that it's obviously because of my pregnancy but that doesn't mean I won't have to lose it again once the baby comes so I'm including it in that column. I will also take some photos of my blossoming belly for you all to see!

I will be 26 weeks pregnant on Tuesday and I can't belive that my little peanut will be here in a little over 3 months! It's craaaaazy to think about. We found out that we're having a little girl! :-) We're both very excited about that even though my boyfriend wanted a boy at first. Of course he is fine with either one as long as she's healthy. The name we have picked out is Kaliya (kuh-lee-uh) but that could change by August.

As crazy as it sounds I'm really really ready to get back into exercising. I walk on a daily basis and we're doing a wellness challenge at work to see how many steps you can walk daily. My average so far is about 6500 steps. Although walking is a great way to exercise, especially for me right now, I really want to get back in the gym and lift weights and bike hard intervals on the exercise bike. I also have been reading about people who do "stair climbing". Basically they have events around the country similar to 5K's and half marathons and triathalons except instead of running or walking you climb flights of stairs in tall buildings. I don't know why but something about this really intrigues me. Maybe because I know it's such a tough thing to do and I'm ready for a good challenge to get me into shape. Anyways, I'm excited to have this baby and start exercising again.

I hope you are all doing wonderful! And Happy Mother's Day (tomorrow) to all the mothers out there :-)

1 comment:

  1. Well you certainly have another reason to work on your body conditioning when the little one comes.

    Not just because of the energy you'll need to keep up, but because you'll be hopefully by the time she's 3-4 and starts having memories, be in the kind of condition you want to be in, so she won't get comfortable with the idea that being overweight is okay, if you're not.

    I'm sure you are going to be a brilliant Mum, because you are someone with such a lovely personality and a warm heart.

    Your coming child DOES deserve you. Keep remembering that.

    :-) :-).

    Matt

    ReplyDelete