.

Monday, February 2, 2009

A Sign From God?

Okay so this may sound stupid but I would really appreciate any feedback that anyone has for me. I feel kind of like a little kid but whatever lol. So I believe in God, I'm not super religious but I definitely believe in him. There has been something going on in my life (I may care to share more details later, depending) and I asked God for a sign on what's going on in this situation. Lol I just really feel juvenile even talking about this but whatever. So when I'm driving home from my boyfriend's house at night I will sometimes see shooting stars and I think they are the coolest thing ever. Well, I haven't seen one in probably 2-3 months. So I asked God a yes or no question pertaining to my situation and asked him that if the answer was yes to show me a shooting star before I got home. Now there's a part of me that really wanted to see that shooting star so of course I was scanning the sky constantly my whole ride home just looking and trying not to miss it if it ended up happening. So I was about 20 minutes from home and I gave up on scanning the sky and focused on the thought of getting in my warm snugly bed and going to sleep. Lo and behold right after I gave up, there came the shooting star. Not off to the side, not behind me but right in front of my face. I looked at it and truly could not believe that it was there. I have never received a sign from God when I've asked for them before and I've realized that it's because when I asked for them before it was about stupid things that really didn't matter. This is a more important issue and when I saw the sign I was kind of in awe. At the same time, however, I feel kind of stupid and childlike. I mean, I'm relying on a star as a sign? I want to believe it and I think it would be amazing if it really was but of course the logical part of me is saying it was just a coincidence. And then again I'm asking myself why I asked God for a sign if I wasn't going to believe it when it happened. I mean, of course time will tell whether or not it truly a sign, but I just thought I would see what you guys thought. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment