.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Click...

So last week I was unable to see The Biggest Loser so I taped it and watched it last night instead. (I taped last nights so don't tell me what happened I haven't seen it yet!) I must say that that was one of the most inspirational episodes I think I've ever seen. I'm not sure why but something just clicked, it was my "moment" to just sit there and finally wrap my head around everything. When you watch a show like that from week to week you don't really realize how much progress they have made since they started. Then they show you what they looked like at the beginning and you're like "oh my god". 12 weeks into the show it's hard to remember their fitness levels at the beginning. They couldn't walk for more than 10 minutes, they couldn't run at all and last week they ran 13 miles! To remember them as overweight people and seeing them now in good enough shape to run a half marathon makes me truely believe that I can do this as well. I can start with walking and biking only 30 minutes and only lifting 8lb free weights, but before I know it I will be walking and biking for hours at a time and kicking the shit out of any free-weight that crosses my path. Screw fast food, chocolate, soda, processed foods, sweets and anything else that helped me unhappily get to this size. Thank you to all of you that have inspired me. My mind is in a different place now and I can feel the difference. I thought I was ready before but I wasn't, I thought maybe if I said I was it would just happen. It didn't. I needed my "it" moment, that "click" in my head. Finally it happened and I'm ready now. Truely ready. God it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment