.

Monday, June 15, 2009

...Down :-)

Happy Monday Everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend, mine was fabulous!! First, I'll do recap and then share my exciting news!!

Food was pretty darn good. Friday I went shopping with two of my girls. We had dinner at Noodles and I got a small Pad Thai with a lemonade. My dinner was delicious!! And suuuper low calories. I think the website says somewhere in the 300 range for a small. Sounds good to me :-) Saturday we went out to eat at Red Robin after our walk (more on that in a bit). I had the apple harvest chicken salad which was divine!! I ate half of it and boxed the other half to have later. I also had water with my dinner instead of soda even though I was very tempted! Saturday as a snack I had the other half of my salad because we ate dinner pretty late. For dinner we ordered chinese. I was going to order one of their "special diet" meals but instead I got the sweet and sour chicken with a pt of steamed rice. I ate half and had the other half for breakfast on Sunday. I also had a few crab rangoons. I just can't resist those!! Sunday was a pretty small for food. I had the other half of my chinese for "breakfast", but it was more like 12 so I guess it would be considered lunch. I didn't have much else if I'm remembering correctly but I really wasn't hungry so I didn't eat. Today I had grilled chicken for breakfast and lunch but with lunch I also had some asparagus. Snacks were 1 hard boiled egg white and string cheese. Nothing else yet but probably an egg white omelette for dinner. I'm doing pretty good with food so that's a relief. That's usually my worst part.

Exercise has been pretty good for the most part. Saturday was awesome! Me, my step-mom, her sister and her sister's dog got up and took a walk at 8. We decided to walk around the lake...10.7 miles!! Wow I still can't believe that I did it!! The first 3 miles seemed the longest. It was hard to get past those but once I did, miles 4-6 just flew by. I was feeling very good and they went super fast. At about mile 7 my feet started hurting. I have insoles in my shoes because I have flat feet that cause kneed problems. Because of those insoles and my knee problems, I have trained myself to walk on the outside of my feet and that's where I was feeling the most pain. Miles 9 and 10 were the worst. My feet were killing me, I could tell I had blisters forming on the outsides of my feet. I finished it though and the only time we stopped was for about 5 minutes and a local bike shop to get some water. I was pretty tired the rest of the day and pretty much layed around. I think that was probably the best for my feet because once Sunday came my feet felt pretty good. I definitely want to do the walk again. Maybe in a month or so once I get used to walking more. I'm going to start walking nightly about 2 miles with my mom and 4 miles with my step-mom on Tuesdays. I am also going to get myself doing more circuits, hopefully daily or close to it.

So for the good news...I lost 4 pounds!! I am currently at 266. Yay, I'm so excited. It's nice when you start to see your hard work pay off, it reminds you why you're working so hard and it makes it worth it!!

Well have a great night everyone!! Good luck in your endeavors and with your goals

2 comments:

  1. Well I'm glad that finally the whole process is starting to work for you, and you're not losing massive amounts of weight, which would be bad, and hard to get a grip of, especially as rapid weightloss can create leftover excess skin.

    So it's good to see you getting some progress, and actually starting to get a grip, on certain food related emotions.

    You should be proud of yourself, and you should be happy. It's a long road, but you ARE getting there little by little, and that's the best way.

    Slow and steady wins the race.

    Keep up the hard work, WELL DONE, and GOOD LUCK.

    :-) :-).

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Email me your name, blog title and starting weight ASAP and you can definitely be a part of the challenge if you can get those to me today! You can find my email on my profile page.

    ReplyDelete