.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Great Success... (In your best Borat voice)

Happy Hump Day! I would like to start by giving this post a disclaimer. I have a lot of fun exciting things I want to share but none of it really goes together so basically this post is going to be all over the place. Hopefully it won't be too crazy, I'll do my best. :-)


Now, with that out of the way, I'll do a quick update on food and exercise for yesterday. Yesterday's food was pretty good. A Morningstar Chicken Patty for breakfast with a little ketchup and milk, cucumbers for a morning snack. Lunch was grilled chicken breasts, cucumbers and a V8. Afternoon snack was wheat thins and yogurt. For some reason my stomach goes insane in the afternoon. I think I need to find a heftier (is that a word?) snack for the afternoon because that growling drives me CRAZY! Dinner was probably high on calories but I did my best to not eat too much. We had spinach ravioli with spaghetti sauce and a couple pieces of garlic bread. I had orange juice and water to drink. I didn't make it to the gym yesterday but I did do my 4 mile walk with my step-mom so I think I did pretty good in that area.


Since I've started working out at the gym and eating better about 2 weeks ago, I've had a lot of great things happen. I forgot what it's like to be successful at this and it feels amazing. If I could have only remembered this a while ago I would probably be 20lbs lighter and much happier. Either way, I'm consistantly working out and eating well now and that's all that matters. Now since I don't really know how to organize this part because, like I said before, it's kind of all over the place, I think I will outline some of my accomplishments and elaborate as I go. Sound like a plan?


1. As of last Wednesday I had lost 1.8lbs. My ticker at the top isn't completely accurate because I never updated it after I gained back the weight I had lost during the 5 week frenzy that Rebecca had. I started almost 2 weeks ago weighing 270 lbs. Last Wednesday I weighed in at 268.2. I'm suuuuper excited!! I'm losing weight and for me almost 2lbs a week is exactly where I want and need to be. I don't want to lose the weight too quickly but I want to be losing enough to be actually making a dent in this mess I'm currently trying to clean up. I'm very excited to weigh in tomorrow and hopefully I will have good news to share. I'm hoping for another 1-2lbs but I will take anything at this point!! I also took some before pics Monday night because I didn't want my body to change too much before I had the chance to do so. I'm not very fond of them so they may not be posted for a while but at least I have them in my possesion.

2. I can tell that my body is starting to change. My mom and my brother have even made comments that they think I'm becoming slimmer especially in my mid-section. Now I know they're family and they are supposed to say nice things like that but I can tell too. My shirts are fiting a little different and so are my pants. It's a slight difference but I can definitely tell. It feels wonderful to see that my hard work everyday IS paying off and I can't wait to see even more changes in my body.

3. So you all know I used to be addicted to McDonald's. I truly was addicted. I ate it everyday for lunch and sometimes for dinner as well. I would crave the chicken nuggets everytime I smelt the glorious scent of fatty fried food. I would devour every bite the second I got my hands on it and I wouldn't feel the least bit guilty (Hence the 270 pounds just hanging out on my body). I had a McChicken last week because my boyfriend was getting it for dinner and I hadn't eaten yet. I chose the healthiest thing I could find on the menu. Before that, I hadn't had McDonald's for quite a while. I can't remember the last time I had the 10 piece nugget meal with honey mustard and a chocolate shake. Last night I faced the biggest test I've had to thus far. My brother had his wisdom teeth taken out yesterday and I told him I would stop by McDonald's on the way home and pick him up a chocolate milkshake. I drove up, ordered a large chocolate milkshake and drove to the first window to pay. It was at that point that I realized I didn't even have the slightest urge to order food, no fries, no drink, no nuggets, no burger, NOTHING! As I thought about it more I couldn't stop smiling. I didn't even take a sip of his shake on the way home. I threw the straw in the backseat and drove my happy little (big) butt home. :-)

4. On the 4 mile walk that my step-mom and I do every Tuesday there are two killer hills. I am always out of breath and dread seeing these hills rapidly approaching in the distance. Last night I could tell that these hills were easier. I actually didn't realize we went up the first hill because I was fine once we got to the top. I was a little winded on the second hill but it wasn't anything near what it usually is. That alone is telling me I'm making progress in my journey.

5. My Thursdays are about to get a whole lot busier. Why you ask? I am going to be taking a Pilates and Belly Dancing class on those nights. I'm so excited!! I've wanted to take both classes and now I am!! Pilates is from 5:30 - 6:30 and Belly Dancing is from 7:30 - 9. How perfect! They start next Thursday for 6 weeks but I have a feeling I'll be continuing after that. :-)

6. And last but certainly not least: yesterday I learned that no water=bad day! I forgot my water bottle yesterday and didn't have time to go home to get it so I tried to drink as much from the water fountain as I could but I was lucky if I got in 20oz yesterday. I felt blah all day. I had a headache, I was tired and basically dragging around trying to find some energy. Everything in my day was the same as it usually is. I got the same amount of sleep, work was the same, co-workers were the same, I didn't have any extra stress so I'm pretty sure it was lack of water. I'm used to drinking almost 100oz a day and yesterday I had barely any. I'm happy to report that my water bottle is with me today, I've drank about 56oz so far and I'm feeling great! :-)


I know that was a SUPER long post!! Sorry about that but I wanted to share everything that's been going on! Success feels wonderful and I hope you are all experiencing it in some way or another as well. Have a great night and I will leave you with a quote that I'm enjoying right now.


"If you care at all, you'll get some results.If you care enough, you'll get incredible results."
-Jim Rohn

3 comments:

  1. Firslty. WELL DONE. I think you can be very proud of yourself.

    Secondly.

    Snacks.

    The easiest things to do are have things like Low Fat Cheese, Peanuts, or make small Whole-grain Sandwhiches with something like a bit of Chicken or Turkey or Lean Ham in them.

    Low fat Cheese is more Protein rich than Low Fat Cottage Cheese and Low Fat CC has about 1g Saturates per 100g Cheese. Low Fat Cheese has 2g, but also 2g Unsaturates, which is a better things as well, so 2 reasons to go for Low Fat Cheese instead.

    Things like Yoghurts work better if there's Nut content, which increase the calories and healthy Fat, perhaps a little added Protein as well, as many small Yoghurt Pots struggle to exceed 100 calories.

    if with the snacks you can get your calories at leats to around the 1,800 average per day for women, you'd be well placed on your weight loss journey.

    You would probably need another 300 on top for the exercise, just to make sure you didn't possibly stall at some far off point in the future.

    I'm not saying that to worry you, just because I don't want you to lose maybe 50-60% of the weight, then have a real fight to get the rest off.

    The main thing is, it's starting to come good for you now and you can be really proud of yourself, becasue I can appreciate it's not easy, and you really do deserve to be happier, healthier and feel even better about yourself.

    Take care and best wishes.

    :-) :-).

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow! I'm so excited for you and all of the wonderful progress you've made. I feel ya about the water thing. I've been dragging lately too, and I know it's lack of water. I'll be drinking a tall glass right after I finish dinner and I'm going to pick back up with my goal of drinking at least 64 ounces per day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Good job on the weight loss - that's amazing. I have the same issue in the afternoon so I've started storing lower calorie granola bars and fruit in my desk so I've got something late afternoon to much on. That way I don't over-do it at dinner!

    ReplyDelete