.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Attitude Adjustment

Hey guys! No post yesterday? What?! Sorry! I had every intention to when I got home from work but the boy called me randomly and asked that I come see him cause he was missing his boo :-) Since he lives a little over an hour away my night was basically spent at his house. (Fine with me hehe)

Anyways, yesterday I was going to blog about things I use to crave ALL the time that surprisingly enough I don't really miss now that I'm eating healthy; however, before I went to visit my boyfriend I watched the preview for the new season of BL and was completely taken aback by something I saw. (If you've seen the preview you probably know what I'm talking about) There was a lady on there talking about how she has a wonderful husband and young daughter (maybe 3 or 4?) and a 2 1/2 week old son. Now my first thought was "why are you on the show if you have a 2 1/2 week old at home?" She then went on to say that they were all killed in a car accident. I was speechless. Shocked. I got immediate goose bumps and tears came to my eyes. This woman's life was shattered. The 3 most important people gone forever, yet she is on the Biggest Loser. She is stepping up and taking control of one of the few things in her life she can control right now. If she has the strength and perseverance to get up EVERY MORNING, with a heavier heart than I can even imagine, and work out and eat right, why can't I? What's my excuse? I can't think of anything that even compares to what she is going through. As today progressed I found that I was slowly talking myself out of going to the gym tonight. Then I thought to myself, "Are you serious?! Come on!" I just keep reminding myself of that lady and what she's going through and I remember why I love shows like the Biggest Loser. They give me 20 reasons to be inspired every 6 months. These people beat the BIGGEST odds and they succeed at something I've been trying to succeed at forever. They can do it and so can I. They WILL do it and SO WILL I.

On a lighter note, food has been pretty good. Yesterday's morning snack was a Fruit2Day. I had a Morningstar chicken patty for lunch with some lentils and some horseradish to dip both of them in. I also had some V8 to drink.

Afternoon snack was yogurt. Dinner was a McChicken from McDonalds (ahh I know I know, horrible!) Today, morning snack was another Fruit2Day. Both breakfast and lunch were grilled chicken breasts with some horseradish. Breakfast I had milk to drink and lunch I had a V8. I did have a lot of water yesterday, close to 80oz I believe and today I'm currently at about 28oz.

I didn’t go to the gym last night but I am going tonight. Focus tonight is abs with light biceps/shoulders, outer/inner thighs and butt. Tonight will be the first time since I joined this gym that I will be going alone! I'm kind of nervous but I think it will be good for me as well.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!! :-)

P.S I will leave you with an AMAZING quotation that I read on Hollie's blog.

"When God leads you to the edge of the cliff, trust Him fully and let go. Only one of two things will happen. Either He'll catch you when you fall, or He'll teach you how to fly!"

1 comment:

  1. You'll be fine training alone. I've been training 10 years, and almost always done it alone, so don't worry about it. Just keep believing in yourself, and what you undoubtedly ARE capalbe of.

    Good luck and best wishes.

    :-) :-).

    Matt

    ReplyDelete