Hey guys happy hump day! I have Friday off because of my birthday party so it's almost like Thursday for me. Yay!
So last night was my weekly weigh in. I weighed in at 248.9 which means I lost another pound. Am I happy about it? Ehh, yea sure. It's one pound I had last week that I don't now and it's better than nothing. Am I ecstatic about it? Ha far from it. The funny part is I was actually feeling pretty light yesterday and thinking maybe I pulled off another 3 pound week. Guess not. I've thought about it a lot and I feel the need to use this post as a reflection on what I did this past week that was good and what was bad. What I need to do more of and what I need to stop now. I'm not throwing a self pity party I'm just trying to figure out what happened so I can move forward with a killer week next week. So here goes. Let's start with the good.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner during the week have been pretty darn flawless
- No soda except for sips of Pepsi Max when I visit the boyfriend once a week
- Water has been 64oz + for the past week.
- I was offered a gyro on Monday night and an ice cream sundae last night and said "no thanks" to both
- I worked out Saturday, Sunday and Yesterday. Saturday I went out of my comfort zone and went to the gym during the day with lots of people instead of at night. I also took the dog on a 1 mile walk when I got home from the gym.
- Two words: Weekend food. I only ate half of my meal when I went out to eat Friday night but I can only imagine how many calories were in that half. I also had 2 pieces of bread with lots of garlic butter. Saturday at the movies me and my friend shared a small popcorn but there was lots of butter on it so that didn't help this weigh in either.
-For some reason I've started snacking a lot lately. It's always in small quantities and healthy for the most part but a snack here and a snack there does add up over time and I know that. This includes having a glass of high sugar juice that I know I need to stay away from but since it's in "small quantities" I feel its ok.
- I didn't work out Monday. I know it doesn't seem like a huge deal but I definitely feel like working out 3 days instead of 4 can and will make a difference.
- Monday night and last night I ate TOO much for dinner. I wasn't stuffed but I know that I could have eaten much less. Monday we had burgers and I could have easily taken off the bun and half the cream cheese that my dad slathered on top. Last night we had tacos. All 4 of us had 4 hard shells apiece and I could have easily stopped at 1 or 2 but why deny it if it's right there right? WRONG.
Lame excuses I know I shouldn't use but I'm going to anyway:
- Last week I weighed in on a different scale then I usually do because the locker room where my scale is was closed for cleaning. I know this excuse is lame and it may have made no difference but it may have made some difference as well. Every scale weighs differently and I knew that was a chance I was taking by using a different scale instead of just waiting an extra week to weigh in.
-TOM is here. Since about February when I was in the process of gaining 50 pounds in 8-10 months TOM has been pretty MIA which is extremely weird for me. I'm the type of person that can tell you the exact day almost to the hour that TOM would arrive that's how "regular" he was. Since February he has shown himself twice, right now being one of those times. I'm not sure if my body trying to balance everything out again would have an effect on the scale this week or not but anything to make me feel better huh? Haha
Things I need To Work On:
- I need to get in my 100 oz of water a day. I do awesome at work and get in the full 64oz that I need but the second I get home I drink no more water and almost no water on the weekends either.
- I need to get a handle on my weekend eating. I eat out about once a weekend, which I'm fine with, I just need to make healthier choices when I do go out.
-Snacking is stopping now. I'm not talking about cutting out my planned snacks because that's not something I could do but getting up and grabbing something out of the fridge quick and then doing so again in 30 minutes is not something I can afford to make a habit again. The thing is I'm not hungry when I'm doing this, I'm just bored and I know that making this a habit can go very bad very quickly.
- I need to get more exercise. I'm not talking about heading to the gym more because I basically go every night that I'm able to. I could add in Friday nights on most weeks though so I'm going to do that. I also will be adding in of morning exercise during the week with my 10 minute solutions DVD's. Other things I am thinking of doing is hooking up my pedometer to try to get in 10,000 steps a day and joining a few classes at the gym. I would like to take spinning, Pilates and yoga classes once a week. They have classes on the days I'm usually there so it would work out pretty well.
Sorry for such a long post I just needed to reflect on my actions and decisions this past week to see what's been going on. This next week will be good I'm sure of it. :-)